About Dinner Tonight!
Dinner Tonight! are 2-hour cooking school sessions hosted by Extension agents. Each session provides recipes and meal ideas in a fun and informative way. Each cooking session is themed and Extension agents demonstrate how to make healthy meals. The goals of Dinner Tonight! are:
- Provide recipes for low-cost, quick, and healthy meals at home
- Promote meal planning to save time and money
- Encourage family mealtime
- Discuss decision making about the food we eat
Participants will receive at least three recipes that match the night’s theme. Themes include ‘Cook Once, Eat Twice,’ ‘Trip to the Mediterranean,’ ‘Delicious in the Heart of Texas,’ and ‘Wild Game Night.’ Some events have vendors, such as the Texas Beef Council.
Dinner Tonight! also provides recipes through weekly cooking video webcasts and newsletters. You can find these, as well as recipes and healthy cooking tips on the Dinner Tonight! website.
- 2-hour cooking session
- A booklet of recipes from the session
To host a program, schools will need:
- Space to host (such as a cafeteria, classroom, or gym) with a power connection & (if a large event) sound equipment
- Volunteers to assist with registration, food preparation, etc.
Interested educators should connect with their county AgriLife Extension office for more information. Find their contact information here: https://counties.agrilife.org/
To learn more about Dinner Tonight!, visit: https://dinnertonight.tamu.edu/