About A Fresh Start to a Healthier You!
A Fresh Start to a Healthier You is a 3-4 session series that helps adults prepare safe, healthy, and cost-effective meals for themselves and their families. The sessions include group discussions, learning activities, and hands-on cooking or cooking demos. The goals for A Fresh Start to a Healthier You! are:
- Prepare and eat fruits and vegetables daily
- Improve skills for making healthy meals
- Adopt Fight BAC! food safety principles
- Reduce stress related to shopping on a budget
Sessions can be delivered online or in-person by an AgriLife Extension agent. Each session is usually 45 minutes to 1 hour. There are three core sessions: 1) Creating Safe and Healthier Meals, 2) Balancing Your Day, and 3) Saving More at the Grocery Store with an optional celebration session on 4) Celebrating Small Bites. Some classes have prizes or give-away items for attending.
- 4 1-hour long sessions
- Pocket guide with practical cooking and shopping tips
- Recipe demonstrations and tastings
- Certificate of completion
To host a program, schools will need:
- Space for cooking demonstrations
Interested educators should connect with their county AgriLife Extension office for more information. Find their contact information here: https://counties.agrilife.org/
Find the full program website here: https://blt.tamu.edu/curriculum/